Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wanderlust (2012)


Director: David Wain
Rated: R
Length: 98 min.


In this story of a couple who seem to have lost their way but find their true selves in an intentional community (hippie commune), Paul Rudd is the only moderately comical part of this film. Jennifer Aniston, who is always fun to look at, doesn't even scrape the surface of how entertaining she was in films like Horrible Bosses and The Break-Up. The only part worth watching in the entirety of this film involves a monologue in which Rudd is giving himself a motivational speech for his future sexual encounter. I can only hope that Rudd will continue to produce comedies on the level of I Love You, Man and Role Models. All in all, I would say this film (which was recommended to me by a friend) failed to reach the full potential I expected from this uproarous cast. Even for all you un-bathed tree-huggers out there who enjoy a good story about those who find themselves in love, laughter, and happiness; not even you will fall under the spell of this hippie b.s. In the few times I did happen to laugh at this poor excuse for a romantic comedy, I quickly lost interest in yet another predictable plot outcome. I mean what the hell does Wanderlust even mean?! Let me know if ya figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers