Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Beautiful Mind (2001)

Director: Ron Howard
Rated: PG-13
Length: 135 min

Although most of you have probably already seen this Academy Award winning film, I just recently watched it for the very first time this evening. I must say that it was not at all what I expected, but it definitely delivered the powerful emotional reaction that I hoped for. Russell Crowe (John Nash), produces one of the greatest performances of his acting career, in which he tranforms from a cocky, arrogant genius into a timid, absent minded fool. This is a remarkable display of acting versitility at its very best. This film will make you want to turn the cold shoulder to Professor Nash because of his misfortune, but as the film reaches its climax, you will jump out of your seat and applaud him in veneration. I am not one who is easily turned to tears by the film's emotional effect on the audience, but I must admit that I shed a tear or two out of pure admiration; both for the exquisite performance given by Crowe, and the life changing story that takes place onscreen. For those of you who have seen this film, go watch it again; and those of you who have not, take a break from reality in order to fully envelop yourself in the beautifully trancesdent story of Professor Nash. I promise that you won't regret it. A Beautiful Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers